Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Hello from Denver and new to me Milano's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member jcricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2012
    Location
    littleton colorado
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello from Denver and new to me Milano's

    Quote Originally Posted by voice of the theater View Post
    Welcome to our forum! Nice purchase--those speakers and cabinets look to be in great shape!

    ...............................

    By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for your Milanos?

    Thanks for the input. I will open them up and post pics. I'll also start another thread about the 1235c when I get a chance.

    As to what I paid, well I think I kind of stole them. I got the console and both speakers for $200.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Hello from Denver and new to me Milano's

    Quote Originally Posted by jcricket View Post
    Thanks for the input. I will open them up and post pics. I'll also start another thread about the 1235c when I get a chance.

    As to what I paid, well I think I kind of stole them. I got the console and both speakers for $200.
    The good lord works in mysterious ways. That my friend is a great deal!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jcricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2012
    Location
    littleton colorado
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hello from Denver and new to me Milano's

    Are value questions allowed here? On AK they are pretty much forbidden.
    If it is oaky(I apologize if not), what do you folks think the three piece set is worth? I know it is kind of tough as you haven't actually seen them.

    Maybe $600?



    As to solid state receievers, I have a vintage correct KLH I might try. I do loves tubes, but that might just work for the short haul too.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Hello from Denver and new to me Milano's

    I'm thinking you stole them! I bet you are feeling real guilty.......ha!
    Way to set the bar low I say.
    And welcome!

    Ron
    Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Hello from Denver and new to me Milano's

    Quote Originally Posted by jcricket View Post
    Are value questions allowed here? On AK they are pretty much forbidden.
    If it is oaky(I apologize if not), what do you folks think the three piece set is worth? I know it is kind of tough as you haven't actually seen them.

    Maybe $600?



    As to solid state receievers, I have a vintage correct KLH I might try. I do loves tubes, but that might just work for the short haul too.
    Only if you come here looking for resale value, That tends to get you shunned. But we love to hear what people paid. : ) Also until we see what you actually bought it would be impossible, might be stuffed with sparkomatics as far as we know.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Hello from Denver and new to me Milano's

    Quote Originally Posted by jcricket View Post
    Are value questions allowed here? On AK they are pretty much forbidden.
    If it is oaky(I apologize if not), what do you folks think the three piece set is worth? I know it is kind of tough as you haven't actually seen them.

    Maybe $600?



    As to solid state receievers, I have a vintage correct KLH I might try. I do loves tubes, but that might just work for the short haul too.
    Yes, value questions are allowed here. I think you'll find some very knowledgeable people here and a pretty laid back atmosphere. Flippers who come here and post once just to see what they can flip their Altecs for and never post here other than that are frowned on AFAIK but even those people are treated politely.

    You got a steal at $200 if the drivers and crossovers are all original and especially if they're all working properly (the cabs look great)! A pair of Valencias in very good to near mint condition often sell in the $600 - $1000 range (with no console). I've also seen them sell for more (and much more to foreign buyers). They are very similar to your speakers and have the same drivers and crossovers. Your Milanos are much more rare than Valencias and also come with the console (Valencias were manufactured for many more years than the relatively short production run of the Milanos). So IMHO they are worth more than Valencias. That being said, the bottom line is of course that they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. They aren't as well known as Valencias, but to the "right" buyer, your set if all original and working properly (including the console) is worth more than a pair of Valencias as far as I'm concerned.....
    Last edited by voice of the theater; September 11th, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
    Being of "Sound" Mind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.